2017 bursary applications are now being accepted. Deadline to submit is January 1, 2017. Please download the bursary guidelines and complete the application to apply. Good luck to all applicants.
Purpose of the Bursary
The South West Area Recreation Guild (SWARG) has developed and promoted a bursary to aid in providing financial assistance to a student from the tri-county region (Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent and Sarnia-Lambton) in his or her education in the field of recreation, human kinetics, health promotion or related field.
Past SWARG Bursary Winners
- 2016 – Mathew Paonessa, Jennifer Love
- 2011 – Shawn MacDonald, Nicole White
- 2010 – Robyn Bertram, Sara Santarossa
- 2009 – David Sharpe
- 2008 – No bursary awarded.
- 2007 – John Sasso
- 2006 – Nikki Nolt, Rachel Lafleche
- 2005 – Allison McGee, Lynda Fox, Josh Leeman
- 2004 – Sarah Simison
- 2003 – Erin McGee, Michelle Champaigne, Amanda Murray, Trevor Dinham
- 2002 – No bursary awarded.
- 2001 – Julie Hubers, Dave Greig
- 2000 – Brandy Maynard, Michelle Neblett
- 1999 – Kerri Rice
- 1998 – Jennifer Munday
- 1996 – Stacey McIndoo
Click on the respective logo for each community partner to access their website.