Purpose of the Rick Atkin Memorial Bursary
The South West Area Recreation Guild (SWARG) has developed and promoted a bursary to aid in providing financial assistance to a student from the tri-county region (Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent and Sarnia-Lambton) in his or her education in the field of recreation, human kinetics, health promotion or related field.
We are happy to announce that we will be awarding the Rick Atkin Memorial Bursary in the new amount of $1000 to the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be announced in March 2019. Good luck to all applicants. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2019.
Congratulations to Our Past SWARG Bursary Winners
- 2017 – Adam Neville
- 2016 – Mathew Paonessa, Jennifer Love
- 2011 – Shawn MacDonald, Nicole White
- 2010 – Robyn Bertram, Sara Santarossa
- 2009 – David Sharpe
- 2008 – No bursary awarded.
- 2007 – John Sasso
- 2006 – Nikki Nolt, Rachel Lafleche
- 2005 – Allison McGee, Lynda Fox, Josh Leeman
- 2004 – Sarah Simison
- 2003 – Erin McGee, Michelle Champaigne, Amanda Murray, Trevor Dinham
- 2002 – No bursary awarded.
- 2001 – Julie Hubers, Dave Greig
- 2000 – Brandy Maynard, Michelle Neblett
- 1999 – Kerri Rice
- 1998 – Jennifer Munday
- 1996 – Stacey McIndoo
Click on the respective logo for each community partner to access their website.