Windsor-Essex Communities in motion (W-E CIM) is a comprehensive, community-wide health promotion strategy. It was launched to create “a culture of physical activity” in Windsor-Essex County. W-E CIM continues to breed success because of the strength and commitment of it’s community partnerships. Many successful projects that W-E CIM has brought to the Windsor-Essex County area include:
- in motion music mixup: a 10 month weekday radio program,
- Zoomers in motion: a comprehensive regional project that aimed to supports adults 55+ to be more active
- Local physical activity research: lead by the University of Windsor-Faculty of Human Kinetics,
- Regional Equipment Sharing Program: a regional equipment lending program that supports in motion partners to try new activities with their communities
- in motion events (annual) like: Family Day in motion, 12 o’clock in motion Walk around Windsor-Essex County, and
- in motion awards (annual): to celebrate local community partners and champions. .
The national in motion brand was brought to our Windsor-Essex County region by the South West Area Recreation Guild (SWARG) in 2008. SWARG is a collective action of community partners that encourages a “culture of physical activity” in the Southwestern Ontario region in the tri-county area: Windsor-Essex County, Chatham-Kent, Sarnia-Lambton.
W-E CIM Committee
Chair: Windsor-Essex County Health Unit- Cathy Copot-Nepszy, Health Promotion Specialist
Committee members: Local municipalities and other non-government agencies . Please see the logos below for a list of W-E CIM partners and how they support physical activity in our region.
in motion Community Champions
- 2009 – Mariette Renaud
- 2010 – Amanda Smith
- 2011 – Cynthia Cakebread
- 2012 – Laura Liebrock
- 2013 – Patrick Kelly
- 2014 – Stephanie Diago
in motion Outstanding Community Partner:
- 2009 – Town of Lakeshore
- 2010 – Municipality of Leamington
- 2011 – University of Windsor
- 2012 – Centre for Seniors (Life after Fifty)
- 2013 – Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
- 2014 – Blackburn Radio Inc
Click on logo below for Active Community Partner Programs and Events.